cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Roman Zamorski" <ram...@tenbit.pl>
Subject Re: XSP+ SQL taglib+MySQL prob.
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:24:55 GMT

> I am using cocoon 1.8 on Linux Redhat 7.0, and I'm trying to access the
"test"
> database on my MySQL server through the "taglib.xml" page, but I am only
> getting:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration denies access to data source
> (complete message below)
>
> The Mysql is still wide open (I have not set the root password), so I
guess it
> is not a privilege issue.
>
> Does anyone have an idea?

 recently I have had several problems with getting connected do mysql from
cocoon pages.
I've found that on three different machines [with 3 different debian
installations] the sql grants have to be set for different user [I don't use
root for my connections] - once it had to be 'user_name@localhost', another
time it was required to set grants for 'user_name@name_of_my_computer' and
once it was just 'user_name'...

I would recommend you to:

1. look in the mysql.err logfile [/var/log/mysql.err in debian] and see what
is the name the cocoon is using [do not omit the hostname part!]
2. set the grants for the user you would like to use for that purpose with
command similiar to this one:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON dbname.* TO username@hostname IDENTIFIED BY
'password' WITH GRANT OPTION

[where hostname in most cases would be 'localhost'... and be cautious - I
could misspell sth ;)]

I'm using gjt.mm.mysql.Driver and the above works fine for me.

r.