cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "xu ma" <m...@cobalt.co.jp>
Subject I can't display Japanese rightly
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:34:27 GMT
Robin Green wrote at Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:41:15 +0900
>Oh, I see, a problem with a database. Yes, I've encountered similar
>encoding problem when I tried to pull some ShiftJIS data from Postgres
>7.03. I could solve this by applying a patch to the original JDBC driver,
>which comes with the Postgres distribution. This patch enables automatic
>Japanese native-to-Unicode conversion, so works great without an encoding
>attribute in esql tags. You can get the patch at:
>http://www.sra.co.jp/people/t-ishii/postgres95/mhonarc/pgsql-jp/2000Aug/msg
0
>0607.html
I got the JDBC driver which enables automatic Japanese native-to-Unicode
conversion and I also upgrade my Postgres to 7.0.2 . Now my cocoon can
display Japanese rightly.

by the way when I add an encoding attribute to esql:get-string like this:
<esql:get-string  encoding="EUC_JP" column="name"/>

error occured below:
java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for
_esql_postgres24.java
259: Undefined variable: EUC_JP
        ("name"), EUC_JP)
                  ^
1 error

	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJa
vaProcessor.java:141)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:489)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:359)
	at
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
	at
onnectionHandler.java:160)
	at
)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)
I want to know which variable have been defined at cocoon.

thank you for your help.

ma xu

maxu@cobalt.co.jp