cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Som...@realTech.de
Subject RE: How to create Tags in Java and use them in xsl?
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:56:21 GMT
Sorry, if I go onto your nerves,
but I've read the FAQ, but it doesn't work. E.g. the advice to use
<util:include-expr expr="mymethod()"/> to use Java-created xml-tags didn't
work - I just get &lt;tag&gt; ..... (I use cocoon version 1.7.4). Did I make
anything wrong?

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Green [mailto:greenrd@hotmail.com]
Sent: Freitag, 8. Dezember 2000 15:47
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Cc: Sommer@realTech.de
Subject: Re: How to create Tags in Java and use them in xsl?

Sommer@realTech.de wrote:
>Hi,
>I've got some Questions concerning cocoon:
>
>1. How can I create a taglib with XML/Java?

Look at samples/xsp/clean-page.xml. That uses a taglib. See also the mail
archives for some guides. It's on the todo list to include a guide to
taglibs in the documentation.

This is explained in the FAQ. http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html

>3.Is it possible to have 2 processing (xsp) layers?

No - not yet. Although, when I say "not yet", please understand that it
would be crazily inefficient to do so, so I am certainly not recommending
it. You need to do all your XSP processing in one "layer". Logicsheets can
help.

>4. How to use cocoon created pdf-files with IE?

*Sigh*. There is a bug in Acrobat and/or Internet Explorer 5.x, this has
very little to do with Cocoon. There is also a Cocoon/IE4 issue which IS
solvable - see the FAQ. This has been gone over and over and over again in
the mailing list and I'm personally sick of it.

Next time please RTFAQ, it really is useful!