cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Smith" <msm...@windebt.com>
Subject RE: Protecting Binary Files
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:50:10 GMT
I guess I could go digging through the Tomcat code, but I'm running Jserv.
Will the methodology I find in that Tomcat class require Tomcat
functionality missing in Jserv?

Thanks,
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Sylvain Wallez [mailto:sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com]
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 7:34 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Protecting Binary Files

Matthew Smith a écrit :

>         It's a Content-Disposition header.  Some versions of Netscape
don't seem to
> recognize it.  Use the value "attachment; filename='thisfile.bin'", where
> thisefile.bin is obviously the filename you want to sudgest.

Thanks, I tried it and it solved some of the problems cocoon has with IE
for PDF generation (see my next post).

>         I'm a novice with JSP.  Could you give me somewhere to start for
the http
> headers and the file passthrough?  The security stuff will probably just
> come directly from the methods I wrote for my own authorization taglib.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

For http headers use HttpServletResponse.addHeader()
In an XSP, it's as follows :
<xsp:logic>
  response.addHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;
filename=thisfile.bin");
</xsp:logic>

For the file transfer stuff, you should have a look at Tomcat's internal
file serving servlet. It's implemented in the FileHandler inner class in
org.apache.tomcat.request.StaticInterceptor.

Hope this helps

--
Sylvain Wallez
Anyware Technologies