cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: FP & ESQL taglib don't work in the same page
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:11:34 GMT
At 12:21 -0500 30/10/00, Donald Ball wrote:
>On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
>
>> Yes, this is a bug in the FP taglib's stylesheet.
>> I have already fixed it and mailed to the author (Jeremi Quinn) for tests.
>>
>> I can send you the fixed stylesheet.
>> Or maybe it's better to ask Jeremi.
>
>jeremy's awfully busy - if you could flip it my way i'll check it in if
>it's sane and jeremy can yell at me (and revert the commit) if he doesn't
>like it. :)

Thanks Guys,

I did it yesterday ....

Two little fixes (I hope) to the FP TagLib:

1. applied Konstantin's suggested patch to allow FP to work better with
other taglibs.

2. Fixed poor support for "config elements" (from, to, select, mode)

	ie.

	<fp:write to="thing" select="blah">
		<request:get-parameter name="blag"/>
	<fp:write>

could be rewritten like this, if you need dynamic parameters:

	<fp:write to="thing" select="blah">

		<to><xsp:expr>yourMethod()</xsp:expr></to>
		<select><request:get-parameter name="your.selection"/></select>

		<request:get-parameter name="blag"/>
	<fp:write>

There is a better chance of them working now :)

If I had followed the "standards" properly, these paramaters should be called:

	<fp:select/>
	<fp:to/>
	<fp:from/>
	<fp:mode/>

They are already like this in the new version (yet to be finished) plus
other changes to the DTD (you are warned :) would it be best to implement
this change now? It think maybe I will, I cannot imagine anyone would have
successfully used these config params yet, they mostly would not have
worked.

If I hear nothing to the contrary, I will apply this change later today.

Thanks for your patience !

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre