cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerz.com>
Subject Re: logic in esql:no-results tag
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:45:14 GMT
On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Drasko Kokic wrote:
> But ... isn't the turbine connection pool (with it's
> entries in cocoon.properties) providing exactly the
> same functionality?!

Not exactly - you still ahve some common tags that will be in every
document. I'm lazy, and only like defining them once.

> I was guessing in my example that <esql:pool> is there
> to point out to the db specs ... is that right???

Yup. To define a connection pool to use in the subsequent queries. But
you'll still ahve to specify that tag in all the docs that use that
connection...

I'm also going to define a common error-result tag and no-result tag file,
for inclution into the documents. On a big project, it's a useful thing to
do.

| Kevin Sonney        kevin@webslingerZ.com |
| Systems Programmer    www.webslingerZ.com |

"The weakest link in any civil rights case is always the
defendant. Imagine being a lawyer and getting a call from me. That's why I
try to, uh, behave myself." - Hunter S. Thompson