cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerz.com>
Subject Re: logic in esql:no-results tag
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:18:26 GMT
On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Drasko Kokic wrote:
> I got that ... thanks ... I just have problem getting
> some logic inside. My sample looks like:

Unless the <xsp:expr> code is returning a string, they are probabyl better
handled with <xsp:logic> tags.

> Is this okay?  It should work on any Oracle db.

I'd replace the xsp:expr tags with xsp:logic, as xsp:expr expects some
sort of data return to put into the docuemnt. Since the calls you make
seem to indicate loggin, these are probabyl best handled with xsp:logic.

> What is &connection_params; in your code

When I have *LOTS* of docuements that use the same database connection
code, I put all the connection details into an external doc, then map that
to an entity, like so :

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
<!ENTITY connection_params SYSTEM "db_defs.xml">
]>

That way, I only have to type

&connection_params;

when I need the username, password, jdbc url, etc.

This also has the advantage of allowing you to put the connection
definitions document in a secure place, that only apache/jserv or
apache/tomcat can access - keeping the users out of the database
connection information.

| Kevin Sonney        kevin@webslingerZ.com |
| Systems Programmer    www.webslingerZ.com |

"The weakest link in any civil rights case is always the
defendant. Imagine being a lawyer and getting a call from me. That's why I
try to, uh, behave myself." - Hunter S. Thompson