cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: ESQL roadmap
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:32:46 GMT
On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Marco Pauck wrote:

> Hi Donald,
>
> being loyal users of all your SQL stuff (i.e. sql processor, sql and
> first esql taglibs) we're now contemplating about moving all our code
> to the new version of esql.
>
> We've also tested 1.32 from the cvs but found out that quite some things
> from the old version are still missing (connection pooling, <no-results>,
> etc.).
>
> Can you give an estimation of when the new version will support the old
> features so that we can start to make move?

the current version has connection pooling and no-results support. i'm
still working on fixing a couple of bugs in the results/row-results
areas. unless you're going to be centralizing all of your esql logicsheet
invokation stuff in a central logicsheet of your own devising, i'd advise
against mass migration just yet since i might shuffle a few elements
around still. if your esql calls are centralized, this probably isn't too
much of a worry.

- donald