cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerz.com>
Subject RE: help db connection
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:31:56 GMT
On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Marcelo F. Ochoa wrote:
> <sql:driver>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</sql:driver>
>
> but how I can generate the string about
>
> <sql:dburl>               </sql:dburl>
> In cocoon you suggest:
> jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:dldf

Which is wrong. Oracle URLs are in the form :

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(HOST=hostname)(PROTOCOL=tcp)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORDB)))

> "thin" what means?

There are two types of Oracle JDBC drivers "thin," which are meant to be
distributed with applications, and "fat"(OCI and Server) which need the
oracle client libs. The thin driver may not ahve all the features of a
"fat" one - I've not run into any problems, but...

> dldf is SID of the database in localhost server.
> The version of my oracle server is 8.1.6
> Please can you generate the right string?

following the example above :

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(HOST=localhost)(PROTOCOL=tcp)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=dldf)))

Good luck!

Know anything abuot varchar2 JDBC String output on Solaris? *grin*

| Kevin Sonney        kevin@webslingerZ.com |
| Systems Programmer    www.webslingerZ.com |

"The weakest link in any civil rights case is always the
defendant. Imagine being a lawyer and getting a call from me. That's why I
try to, uh, behave myself." - Hunter S. Thompson