cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: XSP -> XSLT -> XSP
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:23:28 GMT
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Robin Green wrote:

> >My question basically is: how do I reuse the value of the elements
> >generated by the LDAP taglib as content for the ESQL tags that specify
> >the JDBC connection parameters?
>
> You can't, currently. What we need is a dynamic connection parameter taglib
> - quite a few people have been asking for it - but we haven't got one yet.
> I'll add it to the (long!) todo list.

that's not true! if the ldap logicsheet gave you accessor expressions, you
could easily use them as the esql connection parameters:

<ldap:connection>
  <esql:connection>
    <esql:dburl>jdbc:mysql://<ldap:get-info name="host"/>/foo</esql:dburl>
    <esql:username><ldap:get-info name="username"/></esql:username>
  </esql:connection>
</ldap:connection>

- donald