cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Does <esql:count> exist?
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 21:12:59 GMT
On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, David A Powell wrote:

> Donald,
>
> Does the configuration element <count> exist in the esql taglib?

i don't understand the question.

> If it does exist, must I put something inside the <esql:results> tags to see
> the number?
>
> If it does exist, does it return the total number of rows in the query
> "query rows",
> OR (does it return the lesser of the (query rows AND max-rows.))

i think you might be asking about esql:get-row-position. that returns the
position of the current row in the resultset. if you call that after all
all of the rows have been iterated over (e.g. after the row-results
element) you should get what you want. note that i just patched the
logicsheet to allow this, so be sure to refresh your repository.

- donald