cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: XSP -> XSLT -> XSP
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:27:36 GMT
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Ugo Cei wrote:

> Ugo Cei wrote:
>
> > Back to square one.
>
> Ok, finally I made it work using xinclude. This is the "master" XSP
> page:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xinclude"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet href="intranet.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
>
> <xsp:page language="java"
>           xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core"
>           xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"
> >

>   <include xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude"
>            xinclude:parse="xml"
>
> xinclude:href="http://localhost/cbim/oracle-get-conndefs.xml"/>
>
> </xsp:page>
>
> The oracle-get-conndefs.xml queries the LDAP repository and is
> transformed by a stylesheet to produce the necessary
> <esql:execute-query> elements based on the values of the LDAP
> attributes.
>
> WHEW!

Good stuff :) I spent an hour yesterday trying to do just this with
<util:include-uri>, and failed miserably.

All this jumping through hoops because the LDAP taglib doesn't have
accessor methods! Time for me to do some intensive esql.xsl studying.

And one a completely unrelated note, perhaps Donald's wz-castor taglib
could be mentioned in xdocs/3rdparty.xml. Not sure of it's status (or even
the url).

--Jeff