cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steve A Drake <...@comet.ucar.edu>
Subject installation details
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2000 01:02:26 GMT
 I just loaded Cocoon 1.8 and appreciate the much improved installation
instructions since the last time I loaded it (v 1.7.5?). This installation
took me an hour. The previous installation required a day.

 There are two details in the instructions I think need clarification:

1) In the section for loading Cocoon for Tomcat, near the end of the
directions for this section a line reads:

>Next you need to edit the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/WEB-INF/web.xml file to
>point to the Cocoon properties file in the same directory.

This file location should be $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml.

Also, at the end of this section, there is a note:

>Make sure that xerces.jar is located before xml.jar otherwise XSP won't
>work. To do this, rename xml.jar as zxml.jar to be placed later in
>alphabetical order.

I remember this note in the directions the last time I loaded
Cocoon. Problem is, "xe" *is* before "xm" alphabetically, so renaming
xml.jar won't change the jar load order. This note could be replaced
with a warning about having JAXP in your classpath (or in
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext).

Thanks again for the improved documentation!