cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: .war file for C1.8
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2000 00:00:39 GMT

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Chris Meyer wrote:

> I have tried to put all of the cocoon *.jar files into the
> WEB-INF/lib sub-folder of my cocoon web application under Tomcat
> instead of putting them in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib...
>
> When I do this all I get is:
>
> --------------------
> Error: 404
>
> Location: /cocoon/Cocoon.xml
>
> null
> --------------------
>
> Does anyone know why the .jar files for Cocoon have to be global to
> all applications within Tomcat?

This question is in the FAQ:
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-resourcenotfound

However the FAQ suggests that it will work with Tomcat 3.1. I couldn't
ever get it to work. The issue I had was that Tomcat adds jaxp.jar and
parser.jar to all web-apps' classpaths before web-app-specific jars.
$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/parser.jar got put before
webapps/<myapp>/WEB-INF/lib/xerces.jar, causing DOM version mismatch
errors. Thus to get Cocoon always needs some manual intervention (at least
the addition of "axerces.jar" to $TOMCAT_HOME/lib).

Perhaps I mistook the cause of the problem -- has anyone else gotten
Cocoon to work from jars inside a Tomcat-based web-app?

--Jeff