cocoon-users mailing list archives

From m.homei...@devote.nl
Subject Re: How to integrate Cocoon 1.8 with either Borland Inprise or J2EE application server in order to be able to use EJB technology.
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 07:07:22 GMT

Hi,

We are running Cocoon on an iPlanet webserver and EJB's on Inprise
Application Server. This is just a way of distributing Java logic.
What we have done to integrate the results from beans with Cocoon is the
following:
- Session beans access the db either through data objects or entity beans
and return collections of so called value-objects (decoupling the bean data
from db).
- The value-objects have a standard interface that allows them to be
transformed to XML easily.
- We built an XObject which converts a collection of value-objects to an
XML document.

Greetings,
Michael Homeijer

"Mario Guzzi" <gumario@tin.it> on 10-11-1999 17:42:29