cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jamie Mascherino" <jmascher...@learnframe.com>
Subject RE: Weblogic cocoon install & run problems
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:32:46 GMT
Your problem sounds familar to one I had.. I don't know if this email will
help you, but if it does good luck!!

The Publishing engine could not be established error message occurs in the
following situations:
1.) WebLogic cannot find the Xeres jar file in your server classpath
2.) WebLogic cannot find the FOP jar file in your server classpath
3.) The <param-value> tag in the web.xml file is either missing, or does not
reference the proper location of the cocoon.properties file.

Now, if you have added the Xerces and FOP jar files to the system classpath
using the wlconfig command in the /weblogic/bin directory then I think that
you still have a problem with your web.xml file.  From the sound of your
email I would quess that your problem is number 3.

I can tell you what I know:

The runtime directory that I use for WebLogic 5.1 is \weblogic  the line you
add to the weblogic properties file:

weblogic.httpd.webApp.cocoon=cocoonwar

tells the WebLogic server to look for the cocoonwar folder.  I put mine at
\weblogic\cocoonwar not inside the myserver directory although if you set it
to =%MYSERVER%/cocoonwar I think that would work.

Inside the cocoonwar directory are the following:
samples (dir) //containing all of the cocoon samples
WEB-INF (dir) //containing:
*    _tmp_war (after running cocoon)
*    cocoon.properties
*    Web.xml

Cocoon properties does not need to be modified, but the Web.xml file does.
The <param-value> tag needs to be modified as follows:
.
.
.
<init-param>
   <param-name>properties</param-name>

   <param-value>/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties</param-value>

  </init-param>

.

.

.

That tells Weblogic to start in the cocoonwar directory (as specified in the
weblogic.properties file) and traverse through the  WEB-INF folder where it
will find the cocoon.properties file.That was the reason for most of my
WebLogic problems (just getting that folder in the right place and the
<param-value> tag set correctly).  I hope that helps you.

Otherwise you can create a cmd file that runs the wlconfig.exe command and
sets up the proper CLASSPATH and weblogic.class.path variables that are
needed for WebLogic to work correctly.  It will add the Cocoon jars to the
proper location. If you need instruction on that let me know and I can send
you more detailed instructions.  I also have a list of errors associated
with an improperly configured WebLogic environement if anyone is interesting
in seeing that as well.

Jamie L. Mascherino
Software Engineer
Learnframe, Inc.