cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: I want to use an JSP-Error-page to catch the Exception from a n XML-Page
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:40:19 GMT
Ian Atkin <Iana@Widelearning.com> wrote:
>where is this exception handling logic held?

src/org/apache/cocoon/Cocoon, service method, which passes it to Frontend.

>i could really do with the system identifier and the line number data from
>SAXParseExceptions.

That's already been fixed in CVS. Download from CVS (not from the web) and
put the sax-bugfix.jar in front of xerces on your CLASSPATH.

>i'm after this as a debugging aid, but i like the idea of user-defined
>handling much better.
>
>wouldn't it be possible to tell cocoon to pass exceptions on to tomcat and
>then use the web.xml error settings?

Possibly, I haven't looked into this. To pass exceptions to Tomcat, toggle
handle.errors.internally in cocoon.properties.