cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [C1.8.1-dev][bug] ESQL & Connection Pool
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2000 21:01:40 GMT
Drasko Kokic <drasko_kokic@yahoo.com> wrote:

>It seems that if I use the testcase code in the first
>context, it works okay. If I then use same code within
>second context I am still using db connection from the
>first context ?!

Makes sense. The TurbineResourceServices class is not designed to be used
more than once in a given classloader context - it uses static methods. So
it looks like you can't have multiple connection pools.

>I have also tried to rename the connection names but
>that didn't solve the problem.  Even more disturbing,
>it is possible to use the db connection name from the
>other context that does NOT exist in the
>cocoon.properties file of the original context!!!
>
>MY ONLY CONCLUSION IS THAT CONNECTION POOLING WORKS
>GLOBALLY REGARDLESS OF LOCAL NATURE OF COCOON(TOMCAT)
>CONTEXTS.

I agree.

Probably the best thing to do would be to fix Turbine first so that it could
have multiple, totally separate, connection pools, and then change Cocoon to
use the new Turbine. But, I'm not volunteering for any of this.