cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Installation issue (Almost there...)
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:32:52 GMT
Jf030874@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 11/19/00 11:20:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>greenrd@hotmail.com writes:
>
><< >I have changed parser.jar to z_parser.jar (not z_parser.xml?! right ...
>see
>  >>previous response)
>
>  >Right.
>
>  >>and I have updated tomcat.bat.
>
>  >As it says in the FAQ, it's the order of the CLASSPATH that matters -
>the
>  >renaming is just a hack to try and reorder the CLASSPATH. Try manually
>  >reordering the CLASSPATH in tomcat.bat to put xerces first.

Hello?
Did you do that? That should solve the NoSuchMethodError.

>  >Try http://localhost:8080/cocoon/Cocoon.xml instead. >>
>
>Yes!  This path works fine....  Now on to the next issues....
>
>My tomcat.log files are not being generated properly(Should I start a new
>thread for this one?)

Definetely a Tomcat issue not a Cocoon issue. On
tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org please.

>On to the cocoon samples.....
>The following samples fail :
>the 3 xsp samples under the Dynamic Content Generation heading,
>Both in IE5 and NS6 I get...
>error code for all three
>java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Right see above, have you tried the fix yet?

>The 3 Formatting Object Rendering examples show up blank in IE and it wont
>let me view the source.

Known bug. I don't know of any fix. It's a frequent topic - look in the
mailing list archives if you don't believe me.

  When I try these same 3 examples in NS 6 I get a
>prompt that says....  This file has mime type text/xml and cannot be viewed
>using NS 6.  You can open it with another application, or save it to
>disk...

It looks like NS 6 has the same bug. :(

>Generally speaking where can I send issues to the cocoon project that need
>be fixed in their documentation.  Like the xml.jar is now parser.jar.

You're in the right place. But it does actually say, Tomcat 3.1, in the
installation instructions. Tomcat 3.2 hasn't even been released yet, it
might change still, so what's the point of wasting time writing instructions
for it?

Anyway, I prefer Resin. :-)