cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Connect Cocoon 1.8 to SQL-Server? How to switch of connection poo ling?
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 17:54:31 GMT
Götz Botterweck <botterwe@iwi.uni-koblenz.de> wrote:
>WHAT I WANT TO DO
>   Use Cocoon to connect to an Microsoft SQL-Server
>   database and display it's contents.

Look in the mail archive. I think someone posted exactly how to do this
today or yesterday. Or see below.

>WHAT I TRIED ALREADY
>   Downloaded and installed Cocoon 1.8 (on top of
>   Win2K, Apache 1.3.12, Tomcat 3.1)
>
>   First http://server/Cocoon.xml resulted in some
>   turbine error, which was solved after downloading
>   version 1.5 of turbine-pool.jar from CVS.

No no no it wasn't solved. That turbine-pool is not compatible with cocoon
1.8. You just forgot to copy turbine-pool from the cocoon lib directory to
the tomcat lib directory. (Unfortunately the example installation case for
win2k was out of date as soon as it was published, but the main installation
instructions were correct.)

>   Is it possible to somehow switch of connection pooling for
>   SQLServer?

What you should do is just use the alternate esql syntax that does not use
connection pooling (IIRC).