cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: COMPLEX QUESTION
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:03:24 GMT
"Marco Spinetti" <m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it> wrote:
>I have a complex question according to me enough: in the Servlet exists the
>Init function in which a person can insert some functions  which initialize
>dates Membership once  only. How can I do that in Cocoon?
>How I can insert some inizialisment of elements ( to example a Hashtable )
>that must be executed an only time? Exists somebody which knows how I can
>do it? Thanks many for the answer.

It's easy. I'll add this to the FAQ since it's asked a lot.

Just put this outside your page root element, but inside your xsp:page
element:

<xsp:logic>
  // declare any "permanent" variables here, e.g.
  Collection myDates;

  {
    myDates = // initialize my dates here, this is executed only once
  }
</xsp:logic>