cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 1.8 Installation Question
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2000 01:27:13 GMT
quikdraw@metronet.com wrote:
>I am setting up a server that has the following configuration:
>
>     Mandrake 7.0 (RedHat variant)
>     Apache 1.3.14    (Installed in /usr/local/apache)
>     Tomcat 3.1         (Installed in /usr/local/tomcat)
>     Cocoon 1.8        (Installed in /usr/local/cocoon)
>
>I have Apache and Tomcat working with various samples of static
>HTML, JSP, and servlets. I have disabled the Tomcat webserver
>and configured it to use Apache (at least I think I have).
>
>I followed the Cocoon 1.8 installation instructions for Apache and
>Tomcat, but when trying to access the URL: localhost/cocoon/Cocoon.xml
>as the docs state, the /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log file states:
>[date][error][client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
>/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/Cocoon.xml
>
>The docs state this is a virtual file, so I can't verify it's contents
>independently.
>
>When I try to test the other URL the docs suggest
>localhost/cocoon/servlets/index.xml
>Netscape opens the Save As dialog prompting me to save the file. This
>happens
>on Netscape 4.73 on Linux and Netscape 4.5 on Windows.

Both of these errors indicate that your Apache-to-Tomcat connection is not
set up correctly. Apache doesn't know that it's supposed to be passing
requests to Tomcat.

Edit tomcat-apache.conf as in the installation instructions. Note that you
need to tell Apache to use that configuration file (see Tomcat docs). Was
that the step you forgot? I think I should add that to the docs.