cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Installation issue (Almost there...)
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2000 19:19:05 GMT
Jf030874@aol.com wrote:
>I have changed parser.jar to z_parser.jar (not z_parser.xml?! right ... see
>previous response)

Right.

>and I have updated tomcat.bat.

As it says in the FAQ, it's the order of the CLASSPATH that matters - the
renaming is just a hack to try and reorder the CLASSPATH. Try manually
reordering the CLASSPATH in tomcat.bat to put xerces first.

>I have turned on debug
>info(I think) by setting log.level = debug in cocoon.properties.  Where
>does
>this error info get written out too?

the tomcat log file you mentioned below.

>  Also the tomcat dos window that pops up
>after startup displays a line that says Starting tomcat. Check
>logs/lomcat.log for error messages.  I cant find this file anywhere.

Well it exists under tomcat, but I'm using tomcat 3.1 not 3.2beta.

>  And yes
>I do have all the jars from cocoon/lib in tomcat/lib.  I also have the
>cocoon.jar in tomcat/lib too.  So this is the behavior I am getting.  When
>type in http://localhost:8080/Cocoon.xml I get a page not found error.

Try http://localhost:8080/cocoon/Cocoon.xml instead.

  If I