cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: how to stop encodeMarkup?
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 18:14:45 GMT
Bas Passon <BPasson@parite.nl> wrote:
>I know, but i cannot use the esql lib. I have my own connection objects,
>for
>that. Just to get rid of sql-code in the top level.
>
>The data from the database contains html4.0 markup.

Oh dear. Cocoon is an XML processor, not a HTML processor. You're in
trouble.

If you can make all the HTML into valid XML, either manually or with code,
the solution is in the website FAQ (don't worry, it will be formatted
appropriately on output to be compatible with pre-4.0 browsers). If not,
you're in trouble.