cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Dauben, Oliver" <Oliver.Dau...@Dresdner-Bank.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon with servlets
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:36:30 GMT
make sure your servlet.jar (or however you called it) can be reached by the
cocoon engine...

read the fine manual :-)

cheers,

oLiVeR

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume Hermeline
[mailto:guillaume.hermeline-renexter@renault.com]
Sent: 23 November 2000 10:40
To: Cocoon
Subject: Cocoon with servlets

hello,

I've just install Cocoon on my application :

	- Cocoon.jar
	- cocoon.properties

I use IBM Websphere 3 and java 1.1.8

I try to use your exemple, CocoonFromServlet.java with
CocoonServletRequest.java and CocoonServletResponse.java.

When I compile CocoonFromServlet.java , I've got 9 errors with
CocoonServletRequest.java.

---
CocoonServletRequest.java:227: Method removeAttribute(java.lang.String)
not found in interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
            req.removeAttribute(name);
                               ^
CocoonServletRequest.java:232: Method getContextPath() not found in
interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
            return req.getContextPath();
                                     ^
CocoonServletRequest.java:256: Method getHeaders(java.lang.String) not
found in interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
            return req.getHeaders(name);
                                 ^
CocoonServletRequest.java:393: Method isSecure() not found in interface
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
            return req.isSecure();
                               ^
CocoonServletRequest.java:399: Method getLocale() not found in interface
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
            return req.getLocale();
                                ^
CocoonServletRequest.java:405: Method getLocales() not found in
interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
            return req.getLocales();
                                 ^
CocoonServletRequest.java:411: Method isUserInRole(java.lang.String) not
found in interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
            return req.isUserInRole(role);
                                   ^
CocoonServletRequest.java:417: Method
getRequestDispatcher(java.lang.String) not found in interface
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
            return req.getRequestDispatcher(path);
                                           ^
CocoonServletRequest.java:435: Method getUserPrincipal() not found in
interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
            return req.getUserPrincipal();
                                       ^
---

However, import org.apache.cocoon.Engine; was found.

How can I use the exemple ?
Others necessary packages are required ?

I'd like to install and to use a simply exemple. It's just to see if
Cocoon works on my application.

Thanks for your answer,
Goodbye.