cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Giles Paterson <gpater...@silacom.com>
Subject RE: Problems installing Cocoon2
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 15:29:58 GMT
> Hi out there,
>
> I'm currently trying to install Cocoon2 and got the current code from
> cvs-branch xml-cocoon2.
>
> When calling http://localhost:8082/cocoon I get an internal
> Server error
> with the following stacktrace:
>
>   message
>   Error compiling _sitemap_xmap: Line 63, column 37: Identifier
>   expected.Line 67, column 35: Identifier expected.Line 74, column 40:
>   Identifier expected.

I am successfully using Cocoon2 with Tomcat3.1 (running on Suse Linux 7.0
with apache 1.3.12).

I initially had problems with the auto generated tomcat-apache.conf file but
I switched to a manual configuration of httpd.conf instead and that sorted
out a lot of my problems.

> I can't see why Cocoon produces these errors.
>
> My classpath is:

<snip>

I didn't have problems with the class path, I just copied all the cocoon2
jar files into the tomcat/lib directory. The cocoon.war file went into the
webapps directory and that was that.

The trickiest problem I had was with the tomcat and cocoon web.xml files as
I initially couldn't get cocoon to find the sitemap.xmap file in the
directory.

> Does anybody have a clue how to solve these problems?

If you want to take a look at my configuration files etc. then email me and
I'll let you have them

Regards,

--
Giles Paterson