cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jf030...@aol.com
Subject Re: Installation issue (Almost there...)
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2000 13:19:52 GMT
I have changed parser.jar to z_parser.jar (not z_parser.xml?! right ... see
previous response) and I have updated tomcat.bat.  I have turned on debug
info(I think) by setting log.level = debug in cocoon.properties.  Where does
this error info get written out too?  Also the tomcat dos window that pops up
after startup displays a line that says Starting tomcat. Check
logs/lomcat.log for error messages.  I cant find this file anywhere.  And yes
I do have all the jars from cocoon/lib in tomcat/lib.  I also have the
cocoon.jar in tomcat/lib too.  So this is the behavior I am getting.  When I
type in http://localhost:8080/Cocoon.xml I get a page not found error.  If I
type in http://localhost/Cocoon.xml I get a page cannot be displayed error.
With a 403.2 - Forbidden: Read Access Forbidden error code.  When I try one
of the cocoon samples at http://localhost:8080/cocoon/servlets/xsp/page.xml I
get the following:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XSPJ

avaPreprocessor.java:116)
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XSPJ

avaPreprocessor.java:123)
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.preprocess(X

SPJavaPreprocessor.java:81)
etc...  If we need more I can post the whole page

So to recap.  I have Tomcat working fine, but I dont have cocoon working
properly.

JF

<< In tomcat 3.2 the xml.jar is actually called parser.jar change it to
 something like z_parser.xml and update tomcat.bat to look for z_parser
 instead of parser. You'll find the jar in the tomcat lib dir.
 Um just checking, because you haven't mentioned doing this, you have copied
 all the jars from xml-cocoon/lib to tomcat/lib and the cocoon.jar from
 xml-cocoon/build (or is it cocoon/bin) to tomcat/lib?
 debug flags for cocoon are in cocoon.properties.

 Good luck

 Corey O'Donovan