cocoon-users mailing list archives

From JerryJe...@aol.com
Subject Weblogic cocoon install & run problems
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:42:57 GMT

I'm using Weblogic 5.1 and tried following the instructions found at:
..../cocoon/install.html

Has anyone had any success with this as written?

First: what is the WLS run time directory?

I assumed this was the myserver directory, but when I moved the
cocoon/WEB_INF files here, the server could not find web.xml. Finally, after
a lot of experimentation I copied the files to the weblogic directory where
the server was able to find the web.xml file, but still could not find the
cocoon.properties file. After more experimentation, I move this file back
under myserver and got the server to start successfully.

Now on to run time problems: when I run:
http://localhost:7001/cocoon/samples/index.xml
or
http://localhost:7001/cocoon/coccoon.xml

I get :

Cocoon 1.8 Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor: make sure the needed classes
can be found in the classpath
(org/apache/turbine/services/resources/TurbineResourceService)
      at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:114)

I have experimented with the classpath and have added:

C:\cocoon\cocoon-1.8\lib\xerces_1_2.jar
C:\cocoon\cocoon-1.8\lib\xalan_1_2_D02.jar
C:\cocoon\cocoon-1.8\lib\fop_0_13_0.jar
C:\cocoon\cocoon-1.8\lib\servlet_2_2.jar
C:\cocoon\cocoon-1.8\bin\cocoon.jar

to all of the classpaths (CLASSPATH JAVACLASSPATH WEBLOGICCLASSPATH) at one
time or another and I still get this error!

Why do I spend more time trying to deploy and configure weblogic, then I do
writing code to run in it.

Jerry Donaldson