cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Roger C. Soares" <rogersoa...@intelinet.com.br>
Subject Re: More on non-breaking spaces
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:50:03 GMT
Hi,

You're welcome!

About XHTML, the line <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> is not
required unless the encoding is different from UTF-8 or UTF-16. And the
'DOCTYPE html ...' is always DOCTYPE html, so forcing it to be html may
not be wrong...

I'm afraid that if there is no way to bypass this situation, you will
have to build a WMLFormatter of your own (oh!!). But looking at the xml
version line, I remembered of a similar problem I had with latin
characters.

For instance, 'รก' (&aacute;) is not part of the UTF-8 encoding, so the
xml parser was not able to recognize it and caused an error similar to
your nokia compiler. But changing the encoding to ISO-8859-1 the char
was recognized. So, if the nokia compiler can recognize other charsets
and ' ' (&nbsp;) is not really part of UTF-8 changing the encoding of
the output wml could solve your problem...

Just a thougth.

Cheers,

Roger.