cocoon-users mailing list archives

From quikd...@metronet.com
Subject Re: Cocoon 1.8 Installation Question
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:44:58 GMT
quikdraw@metronet.com wrote:

> Robin Green wrote:
>
> > quikdraw@metronet.com wrote:
> > >ApJServMount /cocoon/servlet /cocoon
> >
> > According to the instructions, that should be
> >
> > ApJServMount /cocoon /cocoon
>
> Thanks Robin for spotting where my fat fingers got in the way,
> but making the above change didn't work either. I get the same
> results:
>
> localhost/cocoon/Cocoon.xml          --> 404 Not found
> localhost/cocoon/servlets/index.xml  --> Pops up the Save As dialog.
>
> Is there anything else I can try that would test other parts of the
> cocoon install and help me diagnose this thing?

Ok, now I'm really confused. I shut Apache down. Configured
the tomcat/conf/server.xml to use port 8080 for tomcat and ran
tomcat/bin/startup.sh. I was then able to access all the cocoon
example pages in tomcat/webapps/servlets.

It would appear that the Tomcat-to-Cocoon link is working,
and we may be right back to the original suggestion that something
in the Apache-to-Tomcat link is out of whack, even though I can
run the Apache and Tomcat examples from Apache but not the
Cocoon examples.

Is there someone who can help me make sense out of this?
I'm diving into the cocoon API docs in hope that I can solve
the mystery, although the answer may not be there. I'm just
thinking that if I understood the cocoon architecture more I
may be able to provide more info to those of you who would
be able to guide me through the maze an come out of my cocoon...

Sorry for the pun, it's late.
BJ
quikdraw@metronet.com