cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Klaus Drechsler <drechs...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Cannot open destiantion file://./logs/cocoon.log
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:09:40 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I am currently working on that problem, but make sure
> it isn't trying to log to /logs/cocoon.log
>
> It is a problem, so that is my next fix.  Hopefully will
> be done by today.

Okay, thanks for helping. I found my problem:

1. Cocoon tries to log to /logs/cocoon.log
(My solution: "mkdir /logs")
2. I forgot to set CLASSPATH=.../tools.jar
(My solution: "export CLASSPATH=.../tools.jar")

But now I have new problems :-(

When I try to access localhost:8080/cocoon I get the following error message in
my Browser-window:

---------------------
type internal-server-error

message null

description java.lang.NullPointerException

source Cocoon servlet
request-uri
/cocoon
path-info
stacktrace

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:132)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:87)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:201)
        at
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
------------------------------------

And in an xterm window I get the following error message:

------------------------------------
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.xalan.utils.DOMBuilder.startElement(DOMBuilder.java:305)
        at
org.apache.xalan.stree.SourceTreeHandler.startElement(SourceTreeHandler.java:424)

        at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.startElement(XMLFilterImpl.java:575
)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage$TransformerChainBuilderFilter.startElement(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:639)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.sitemap.SitemapMarkupLanguage$SitemapTransformerChainBuilderFilter.startElement(SitemapMarkupLanguage.java:352)

        at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.startElement(XMLFilterImpl.java:575
)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.sitemap.SitemapMarkupLanguage$PreProcessFilter.startElement(SitemapMarkupLanguage.java:209)

        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1371)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XMLValidator.java:823)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1222)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:380)

        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:900)
        at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
        at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.LogicsheetCodeGenerator.generateCode(LogicsheetCodeGenerator.java:117)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.generateCode(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:292)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:206)

        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:152)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

So what is now wrong?

Thanks alot for your help!!

Bye,
 Klaus