cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Generating XML from XSP for external use
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:27:07 GMT
Konstantin Piroumian wrote:

> I know very well FP samples - this is not what I want.
> FP is designed to work with XML files and I need to create an XML node from
> within the XSP page and send it an external object such as an EJB.

You can use my SOAP taglib to communicate with external services, see
http://ulim.cocoonhost.com for the taglib and the Apache site for
general info on Apache SOAP. But the taglib currently can only pass
name=value templates via the HTTP request parameters, it cannot actually
pass a Java object. Although this would be very simple to implement, I
don't think it makes sense, because it ties you into a Java-only world.

> Generated XML must not be shown on the page - it must be something like a
> temporary object.

Consume the tag with a stylesheet:

<xsl:template match="this-tag-will-not-be-shown"/>

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung