cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marco Pauck <pa...@wmd.de>
Subject Re: Session Management with WML
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 13:08:42 GMT
Peter Hargreaves wrote:

> Thanks Marco,
>
> Can anybody tell me which WAP phones support cookies here in the UK - also do they
> have corresponding WAP development toolkits? I only want to demonstrate my Cocoon
> application with WML at this stage, so I'm flexible. I'd rather not mess with
> non-cookie phones if I can avoid them.

Well, this is starting to get somewhat off topic but as I suppose that there
are several WAP developers on this list, let's continue this thread ... ;-)

Cookie support is not only an issue of the phone but also of the WAP gateways,
so you'll end up testing phone/gateway combinations ... :-(

> I've been looking at the Nokia WAP Toolkit 2.0 which supports the "brain dead"
> (Marko's advice) Nokia 7110 (WAP 1.1) - it also supports what they call a Blueprint
> Phone (WAP 1.2) representing future Nokia phones. Neither of these appear to support
> cookies.

You can activate cookie support for the Blueprint device under "Device Settings".
Note that in this case the device uses HTTP to directly talk to the server instead
using a WAP gateway as it is the case in the 'real world'.

> I would like to demonstrate my Cocoon application using the Mitsubishi Trium Mars
> phone - because it is inexpensive. Does anybody know if this supports cookies? Is
> there a Development Toolkit available for it? - I can't find one!

Not sure what kind of browser it uses (look at the user-agent header to find out)
but be sure to have a look at the toolkit of Phone.com which is the other big player
beside Nokia. Their browser is used by e.g. Motorola and Siemens.

	Marco