cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Verhage <pe...@ibuildings.nl>
Subject XSP/XSL use java within an XSL tag
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 08:06:58 GMT
I've made a tag library, which I use to parse an certain configuration
xml file. I don't know what is in the file, but I do know I'm searching
for something in the file (the filename of the request page) which has
to be in the config file. I thought by using an XSL value-of tag to get
those values, but it has to be combined with JAVA because the filename
is only available when I retrieve it with a JAVA method. The XSL tag I
want to use looks like this:

<xsl:value-of
select="files/directory[@name='/']/file[@name='index.xml']/@type">

The '/' and the 'index.xml' have to be dynamically filled in (by using
JAVA). I've tried this with a <xsl:attribute name="select">java
statements.... but that doesn't seem to work. Anyone has a good
suggestion? I could walk through the directories and their files, but
I'd rather don't do that because that would be to much overhead I
think...

With best regards,

Peter

--
Peter Verhage       <peter@ibuildings.nl>
ibuildings.nl BV - information technology