cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: draft final version of the esql namespace
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 13:07:19 GMT
Marcus Crafter wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
>
> > What we definitely need is a way to use the connection pooling
> > dynamically. By that I mean that username, db url, password etc. can be
> > specified dynamically, i.e. not written in clear text in
> > cocoon.properties.
>
>         How do you suggest doing this ? Where would the dburl/password/etc come
>         from in a dynamic context, and where would it be specified ?

This should be left to the user. In my case I'd have the user type his
name and password into a web form. I designed the auth taglib for
exactly this purpose.

>         If there was a xml pool syntax. ie:
>
>         <esql:pool>
>                 <esql:pooldbname>...</esql:pooldbname>
>         </esql:pool>
>
>         this could be done dynamically using xsp or xsl, but where does the
>         above get specified ? ie. per file basis, per connection basis (!).

Something like this is what I'm looking for. The SQL processor and
taglib allow me to specify connections information myself - only the
connection pool can't do this, it always refers to cocoon.properties and
I can't use XSP there ;-)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring