cocoon-users mailing list archives

From scott.d...@autodesk.com
Subject RE: Cocoon 1.8 installation with Weblogic 5.1 problem
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 01:21:28 GMT
Jamie,

I checked my weblogic start command file. It does have turbine-pool.jar in the
java classpath. I verified my web.xml with yours. Everything is the same except the properties
value. I have
<init-param>
   <param-name>properties</param-name>
   <param-value>d:/weblogic/cocoonwar/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties</param-value>
</init-param>

One thing i noticed is that in your
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>*.xrl</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

url-parttern is *.xrl instead of xml. Is it a typo?

Anyway, I still get the same unresolved dtd reference error.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamie Mascherino [mailto:jmascherino@learnframe.com]
Sent: November 01,2000 4:17 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Cc: scott.ding@autodesk.com
Subject: RE: Cocoon 1.8 installation with Weblogic 5.1 problem

<SNIP>
I followed the instructions to install cocoon 1.8 with Weblogic 5.1. When I
start the Weblogic server, I got the following error:
[ExternalEntity] : Could not resolve entity '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD
Web Application 2.2//EN'.  Check your dtd reference.
</SNIP>

The installation guide on the Cocoon site is very informative.  However, it
does not tell you to add the turbine-pool.jar file to your classpath. I
couldn't get Cocoon to run with out it.  I don't think that is your error,
but in case you haven't figured that out there it is.  It's in the
//installdir/lib/ directory.

We use Weblogic 5.1 at my company. I have command files that we have
modified with the pertinent Cocoon jars to set up the correct WebLogic
environment. My web.xml document is included below.  I had the same problem
you do. Unfortunately, I can't remember which fix belonged to that error.
The folder cocoonwar is not part of my param-value attribute.  Let me know
if removing its reference doesn't help.

Cheers!

Jamie L. Mascherino
Software Developer
Learnframe, Inc.
Salt Lake City, Utah 84123
jmascherino@learnframe.com

<!--
     This is the web-app configurations that allow Cocoon to work under
     Apache Tomcat. Please, follow the installation section of the
     documentation for more information about installing Cocoon on Tomcat
-->

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd">

<web-app>
 <servlet>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>properties</param-name>
   <param-value>/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties</param-value>
  </init-param>
 </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>*.xrl</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>