cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: HTML formatting by cocoon parser
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 20:37:34 GMT
On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 01:47:56AM +0530, Amit Kaushik wrote:
> that disable-output-escaping thing is not working.it's giving me same
> problem.I think that cocoon is using xalan if it is then why this thing is
> not working.

Not only doesn't it work, it shouldn't work. Letting your users
type arbitarty HTML (or *any* HTML, in my opinion) into database
fields is a very bad idea. If you really want to give them the
functionality to have bold tags etc in database fields, parse
the database fields into an XML document fragment, and let the
fragment flow through cocoon like the rest of your content.

If you're using XSP to generate the content, see the FAQ entry:

  http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-xspinsertxml

P.

Luminas Ltd.