cocoon-users mailing list archives

From guma...@tin.it
Subject Sql TagLib runs a query and Xsp logic uses the resulting Xml query fragment to take some kind of action.
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:07:44 GMT
Hello everybody!!!

I've got the following problem.

I have to access a database to retrieve some field data. I use the Sql
TagLib. When that taglib is used, the <sql:execute-query> element is
replaced by the Xml fragment containing the query results.

What about if this query is run inside an Xsp page, which has to decide
what
action to take, according to the value of one of the fields belonging to
that
Xml query fragment?

EXAMPLE

The query could produce either this Xml fragment

<doc-element>
<row-element>
<field>value1</field>
</row-element>
</doc-element>

or the following one.

<doc-element>
<row-element>
<field>value2</field>
</row-element>
</doc-element>

Well, at this point the logic in the Xsp page could take two different
actions, according to the value of the <field> element.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

Thank you. Regards.