cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jim Richards <gru...@cyber4.org>
Subject tomcat, mod_jk and cocoon just hang
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:56:25 GMT

Hello.

I've been reading the archive of this list for a few hours, and I have found
many good resources for getting Cocoon up and running. I'm almost there.

My problem is that when I access any *.xml file, including /Cocoon.xml
the connection hangs and the java process goes to 100% until I kill
the process (disconnecing doesn't stop it)

My config is JDK1.3 on a Solaris7 box. I've got servlets and jsp running
normally with mod_jk using apj13. This is all through virtual hosts.
Tomcat is version 3.2b6. Cocoon is version 1.8. I'm sure the
.xml file is being sent to the right place because if I don't have
tomcat running then I get a 500 Internal Server error and logs/tomcat_logs
have the appropriate messages.

For Cocoon I've got the web.xml set up in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf
as per the instructions, and I've got cocoon.properties sitting in the
htdocs/ (root web folder)

<!-- Start Cocoon Section -->

      <servlet>
       <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
       <init-param>
        <param-name>properties</param-name>
        <param-value>
	         cocoon.properties
        </param-value>
       </init-param>
      </servlet>


      <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
      </servlet-mapping>

<!-- End Cocoon Section -->


and in httpd.conf in the virtual host that I want
the .xml mappngs for I have

	JkMount /*.xml ajp13

I've got a $TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory of 

	-rw-r--r--   1 root     other     189683 Oct  9 15:43 ant.jar
	-rw-r--r--   1 root     other     244389 Nov 10 18:39 cocoon.jar
	-rw-r--r--   1 root     other     370612 Nov 10 18:13 fop.jar
	-rw-r--r--   1 root     other     208554 Oct  9 15:44 jasper.jar
	-rw-r--r--   1 root     other       5618 Oct  9 16:55 jaxp.jar
	-rw-r--r--   1 root     other     136133 Oct  9 16:55 parser.jar
	-rw-r--r--   1 root     other      40152 Oct  9 15:43 servlet.jar
	drwxr-xr-x   3 root     other        512 Oct  9 15:43 test/
	-rw-r--r--   1 root     other     401183 Oct  9 15:44 webserver.jar
	-rw-r--r--   1 root     other     437913 Nov 10 18:13 xalan.jar
	-rw-r--r--   1 root     other    1498679 Nov 10 18:13 xerces.jar

I took out the servlet_2_2.jar file because the dates in it were
older then the servlet.jar that came with Tomcat 3.2b6 and they
seemed to be the same files. If it needed it, I would be getting an
exception thrown.

For tomcat.sh I have

# force this, so we can be sure about what is happening
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/xerces.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/xalan.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/fop.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/cocoon.jar

CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/jasper.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/jaxp.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/parser.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/servlet.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/webserver.jar

rather then the loop over the lib directory to force xerces, etc to 
go first. I took out the version numbers so I could replace them easily.


--
Kumera - a new Open Source Content Management System
for small to medium web sites written in Perl and using XML
http://www.cyber4.org/kumera/index.html

Mime
View raw message