cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sergei O . Naumov" <nau...@r-style.donpac.ru>
Subject Help! connecting to a database
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 10:24:51 GMT

Hi!
I am starting to develop a large Cocoon based project that needs to query a
database
(it will probably be Oracle). The question I have is on the good way to connect
a database from XSP. In a servlet world, one connects to a database on the
startup
and uses this db handle to eliminate db connection overhead. Would such a
mechanism
be possible with XSP?

I was thinking on having a taglib that would implement all the Java methods
that
work with a database, and just use those in my XSP pages.

Can anyone give some sort of suggestion on how to go around this? It would be
just
wonderful if there are some code examples on that.

Thanks in advance,
			Sergei