cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject Re: XSP/XSL taglib request/session
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 16:50:54 GMT

> Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> >
> > I think that it must be like this (in your templates):
> >
> > request
> > session
> >
> > :)
>
> No I want a Java Object that I can parse to other methods...

I meant Java object.
When you write a template for tag lib which will transform some specific to
your taglib tags into some Java code, then if it is not a class level logic
but a template for content manipulation you can refer to request and session
object which are available within any template rule which is used in
<xsp:page>...</xsp:page>

<xsl:template match="yourtaglib:atag">
  <xsp:logic>
        String s = request.getParameter("something");
        <xsp:expr>s<xsp:expr>
  </xsp:logic>
</xsl:template>

I am not a taglib expert, but I think that it must be so.
You can look at other taglibs for hints.