cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@ieee.org>
Subject RE: cocoon for dynamic web system
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2000 12:30:18 GMT

Hi,

I've developed a php3 based system which lets people build their web site
dynamically (see http://www.vmore.org.au for an example).

I want to add new features to the system and reimplement it using java.  Now
I've found cocoon, and I believe cocoon would be a useful part of the system
and make it easy to add new features.  I am not sure about the performance
of the system.

Currently, I've had single sites on the system getting up to 2000 hits per
hour each.  However, running the cocoon servlet seems to take several
hundred milliseconds each time.  Is there any other way I can use xml, ie if
I use some of the parsers by themselves will I maybe get the desired level
of performance?  Or should I just buy a new server with more CPU's?

Regards,

Daniel
 I made several test with Cocoon / DB Prism (http://www.plenix.com/dbprism/) and the result
seems to be more quickly.
 My test includes medium and large pages generated by DB Prism and formated by Cocoon. This
page took 10 to 800 millisecond to be delivery on a Sun Ultra 250 with two processor and 512
Mb of ram.
With this result the average is 1.5 million hits a week.
Best regards, Marcelo.