cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@ieee.org>
Subject RE: Use of HTML authoring tools with Cocoon
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 20:29:22 GMT

Hi there, i hope this question hasn't been asked before, i already searched
the FAQ and (part of) the mail archives.

I'm deciding what tools i'll use in a new site. I like very much Cocoon's
clear concepts about production, processing and rendering.

What i cannot imagine is how web designers can produce HTML with authoring
tools (say Dreamweaver), marking places where dynamic content should be
placed (through IDs, tags, or whatever), so this HTML can be used later in
the formatting stage of Cocoon's framework to mix content and format in the
final delivered web page.

It's crucial that my work (web application programming) can be separated
from design without preventing use of authoring tools (which don't handle
XSL). Can i do this with Cocoon?
Do you know XSplit?
This tool permits design the page with Dreamweaver for example, puts tags inside it for giving
directive about how to fill it in the dynamic stage, and generate automatically the XSL, XML
example and the DTD.
Here the URL http://www.percussion.com/xmlzone/technology.htm
Download it, its free.

Thanks a lot.