cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: fp taglib question
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:04:36 GMT
At 10:55 +0200 16/10/00, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>
>> The current incarnation is unable to do this, it (foolishly) requires
>> something to write "next to" not "into".
>>
>> Since you can only have one root element, you can do little to solve this.
>>
>> If you already had a child of the root node, you could add another ...
>
>But how? I can only select a child and write "to" it, replacing the
>previous child. But I don't know how to add another child.

if you already had something like this :

	<root>
		<thing/>
	</root>

I think you ought to be able to add another thing like this:

<fp:resource name="thing">
	<fp:resource-file>file.xml</fp:resource-file>
  <fp:resource-node>root/thing[position() = 1]</fp:resource-node>
  <fp:default-mode>insert-after</fp:default-mode>
</fp:resource>

hope this helps

BTW. In the new version, (I've had to change the DTD) you can specify a
"mode" in the <fp:write> as well as the resource, meaning you ought to be
able to insert more flexibly.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre