cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Chris Meyer <cme...@ultratask.com>
Subject Re: ESQL in stylesheet question
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:31:55 GMT
>On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Chris Meyer wrote:
>
>>  My actual code does 'sql:' transformations (which work fine) in the
>>  same file as 'esql:' transformations (which fail) -- so I know my
>>  logicsheet is registered properly. It does look like a namespace
>>  problem however since I get the same results for both if I comment
>>  out the 'sql:' namespace declaration in my .xml file.
>>
>>  (if you can decipher the paragraph above) The more important
>>  question: why does the 'sql' version work like I expect and the
>>  'esql' version doesn't?
>
>given your error, it's almost certain to be in the namespace declaration
>or logicsheet invokation - the esql logicsheet isn't causing an error (to
>my knowledge, anyway), it's just failing to be invoked.

OK, don't know if anyone's awake this late, but:

I moved esql.xsl to my local directory, changed the cocoon.properties
to point to that, and tried again. Still failed.

But... I renamed all of the name spaces (in cocoon.properties,
esql.xsl, my .xml file, and my logic sheet) to 'zsql'. EVERYTHING
WORKED FINE!

Go figure! I'm at a TOTAL loss to explain this.

Again: renaming 'esql' to 'zsql' in all of the appropriate places
makes everything work. Renaming back to 'esql' fails. Renaming again
to 'zsql' works! I did the back and forth just to prove to myself I
was getting the namespace renamed in all the correct places.

I'm stumped.