cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: ESQL & Attributes: (a little bug)
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:40:12 GMT
On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, beichuang wrote:

> Hello, Kevin and Frederic:
>
> Thank you all for your help, I made it work now, but I find another little
> bug, that the value can only be used once. for example:

that's JDBC driver dependent. good drivers let you use values more than
once. crappy ones don't. if your database or driver doesn't support column
value reuse, switch databases. :) AFAIK, the only "major" driver that
doesn't support column reuse is the JDBC-ODBC bridge with MS Access, and
if you're using that in production, god help you anyway. switch to mysql
for win32.

i might look into making the esql logicsheet cache resultset values at
some point, but it's not on my to-do list now.

- donald