cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Dynamically choosing XSL
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:33:13 GMT
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Christian Hargraves wrote:

> > <xsp:logic>
> >
> > <xsp:pi target="xml-stylesheet">href="<xsp:expr>request.getParameter(
> "stylesheet")</xsp:expr>" type="text/xsl</xsp:pi>

> > </xsp:logic>
> >
> > -matt
>
> And I put this in the XML or in it's own XSP lib? I feel uncomfortable about
> putting that in my XML. Now, I'm mixing logic with content instead of logic
> with presentation.

you can put it in your xml, you can include it in all your xml pages using
external entities or xincludes, you can apply it to all of your xsp pages
by having them all invoke a central logicsheet (useful for adding caching
to all your pages too). any number of ways - all of them somewhat kludgy.
cocoon2's sitemap is, of course, the definitive elegant solution to this
problem.

- donald