cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: which to use: ESQL or SQL taglib ?
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:28:55 GMT
On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Dauben, Oliver wrote:

> hi community,
>
> i'm currently upgrading my database access layer from the SQL processor to
> the new favoured way.
>
> it is not clear to me if i should rather use ESQL or the SQLTaglib for my
> database query stuff.
>
> are this two approaches developed in parallel or is one of both marked for
> depreciation in the near future as with the SQL processor.

the esql logicsheet is the way of the future, but the namespace is not
finalized yet. it will be finalized (version 1 anyway) at apachecon. all
other approaches (sql processor, sql logicsheet, sql filter) will be
deprecated. i encourage you to give esql a whirl and send me feedback
before it's too late. :)

- donald