cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Cache Browser Dependant
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:07:20 GMT
On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, SCHULLER Tom wrote:

> I'm using Cocoon for serving a hole internet-site. Everythings works well,
> just the cache makes me problems.
>
> My cache is Browser-depandant, that's means for each web-browser he is
> storing a copy of the requested-file in his MemoryStore (which I can see
> with /Cocoon.xml).
>
> Can I disable this because I'm showing for each browser the same
> representation.

easiest way i can think to do this would be to make your own cache class -
extend CocoonCache, say, and instead of keying off of

Utils.encode(request)

which generates a string based on the requested URL and the browser, you
could simply key off of the requested URL. it would be nice if this were
easier to configure; if you have suggestions, you might want to mention
them on cocoon-dev.

- donald