cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Uli Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Taglib of util request, reponse, etc.
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:30:27 GMT
On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Echoes wrote:

> > > I can't found the documentation of the taglib request, response, util
> > > etc.
> >
> > Look in {$COCOON_HOME}/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java
>
>  I'm sory but I think it's a bad answer. Source code is *not*
> documentation
> for the user. It can be documentation for another developer.

Two things:

1.) It's a good answer, because this is the only documentation available.
2.) Anyone wanting to use the Servlet API should be considered a
developer.

>  I know writing docs consumes lots of time, but it's a good way to have
> more and more people using these tools. If you produce no docs, you're
> doomed as a public project.

I agree. But I think cocoon has enough users by now - this project's
survival is not questionable anymore, at least not due to lack of interest
from users. What the project needs is more developers, users are plenty :)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung